Selena Griffith is an
experienced DesignER, DESIGN Thinker, Educator, Author and entrepreneur.
Selena has a career spanning private, education, government and public sectors. She has the ability and experience to navigate complex scenarios with multiple stakeholders to achieve collaborative outcomes in all of these context.
She is currently seconded into UNSW Engineesring as The Scientia Experience Manager where she facilitates innovation, entrepreneurship and cross-disciplinary collaboration. She also works in the Faculty of Business, as a Senior Lecturer in the Centre for Social Impact where she teachers Social Innovation and Design for Social Impact. As a Senior Lecturer of Design Studies at UNSW Art and Design she coordinated courses in Design Management and Practice, Identity, Branding, Sustainability, Whole Systems Design and Cross Disciplinary Collaboration for Innovation. Originally qualifying for a Bachelor of Industrial Design, Honours, Selena has worked as a Design Manager in a variety of contexts from in-house to international consultancy and in her own consultancy.
Griffith researches in Design Management, Sustainability, Collaboration, Social Innovation, Futures and Education. Her interest in creating positive futures through transformative design thinking as led her to produce tools and methods to assist with the development of innovation, collaboration and design thinking skills. Selena is very interested in how organisations can most effectively utilise design thinking to deliver more sustainable products and services. Co-creation and nexus – where people from different backgrounds and professions come together in collaborations that result in innovation or new perceptions has fascinates Griffith and she not only researches in this area but has also developed courses to teach the skills needed to run multidisciplinary creative collaborations.
Griffith was awarded a Global Future Leaders Award from the World Human Resources Development Congress in 2011 and has been accepted into the highly competitive Buckminster Fuller Institute’s Catalyst Program for her work on The Island Innovation Lab
Selena is also:
- Fellow of The Sydney School for Entrepreneurship
- Fellow of the European Academy of Design
- Member of the Design Management Institute
- Faculty Advisor for UNSW ENACTUS Social Entrepreneurship program
- CoFounder of Social Innovation Sydney
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Councillor for NSW LGA Pittwater 2012 – 2016
- Member Planning Committee of the UNSW Women in Research Network
- Alumni UNSW Academic Women in Leadership program
- Alumni of the UNSW Early Career Research program
- An Executive member of the Society for Responsible Design 2007 – current
- Coordinator of the COFA Annual 2009 – 2011
- Participant in the UNSW Faculty of Excellence Initiative – developing and testing effective online learning programs across UNSW